Bored of your usual clothing style? Do some shopping and take your fashion style up a notch. If you are unsure of what kind of style to go for, worry no more. We’ve listed down some great shopping tips that you may find helpful when revamping your wardrobe.
1. Try on everything. Even if that top is not something that you would usually wear, try it one. Get everything that catches your eye and fall in line at the fitting room. Clothes look different when it is on the hanger. If you don’t try it on, you’ll never know if that kind of style looks good on you. Don’t get caught up in a really narrow definition of what looks good on you.
2. Don’t rush. When you go shopping, be sure that you don’t have to run some errands later in that day. Allot one day just to do shopping and nothing else so you won’t have to speed shop. Spending enough time browsing, trying clothes on, and walking around the mall can help prevent getting stressed out.
3. Stop hating your body. So you liked a really cute dress but after fitting it on, you found out that it isn’t really flattering your body. Don’t fuss about it and make it a big deal. It’s not your body that’s wrong for the dress, it’s the dress that’s wrong for your body. Hating the way you look can decrease your self-confidence.
4. Shop alone. Shopping with a trusted friend who can bluntly say that something looks bad on you is good. But sometimes, to level up yourself, the only opinion that you should listen to is yours. If you have a gut feeling that a style will look good on you, try it on and if it satisfied you, own it! Be comfortable with your preferences without thinking what other people would feel.
5. Buy clothes when you feel good. Don’t go shopping when you feel awful or when you are on your period and bloated. You are less likely to find good clothes as you will be sidetracked by the “Ugh, I look awful” statement when you’re staring at yourself in a mirror.